4.17.2008

the whisper of an old tree


“Thank you for keeping our park clean,” I could hear the tree whisper.

As I strolled in the pathways of Freedom Park at the city of Gentle People, Dumaguete City, Province of Negros Oriental, I noticed this thank you note posted in one of the old trees at the park. I find it very interesting. For me, it’s not really the provincial government that is saying thank you to the people but I could hear the trees murmur. Yes, I could hear the old trees whisper, in their heart a thank you for taking good care of them that they have reached that age. And every time I inhaled the fresh air brought by these old trees, I could feel their gratitude. An indication also that if we care for more trees and to nature, then we would not only smell such fresh as that air but we would have a cooler, fresher and a healthier environment.

Now, it’s time for me to give the tribute our mother earth deserved, let me start by saying these words- HAPPY EARTH DAY!

I know, a tribute should be more than to these words, it must be accompanied with actions. I pledge to transform these words into actions. It may not be big actions right away, but I am starting it within myself by doing little deeds that would help preserve and protect our environment. After all, it’s what really needed by mother earth- a heart that care, and if each of us will offer that compassion, I am sure the Earth we are living now will become a greener, cooler and healthier place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...